RLV 50th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
Memorial Day Weekend
Friday, May 25 – Monday, May 28, 2018
Rancho Linda Vista is turning 50!!
This year—in 2018—Rancho Linda Vista will achieve its 50th year as a community of the arts. We'll be looking to celebrate with family and friends, near and far over the course of the Memorial Day weekend.
Please join us in celebrating a half century of this amazing experiment in creative community and art practice. We look forward to sharing everyones stories on what Rancho Linda Vista has meant to their lives, along with art, poetry, music, dancing, good food and conversation.
Here are some quicklinks to find out more about...
RSVP & Contributions
If you plan to attend, please RSVP by March 31st to RLVGallery@gmail.com to help us get an idea of how many family and friends we can expect.
Funding this weekend event is outside the Ranchs operational budget, so we are asking for contributions. A suggestion is $50 per adult, more if you can, less if you cant. Make checks payable to Rancho Linda Vista and send to PO Box 76, Oracle AZ 85623.
We look forward to reminiscing about the past and celebrating the future of RLV with all of you!
RLV 50th Anniversary Art Catalog
Andy Rush and Imo Baird are creating an RLV 50th Art catalog built around the Nelson Art Collection and the Lodge. If you would like to share comments, quotes and stories, please email them to Imo by March 31st so that he can incorporate them into the catalog. The catalog will be available for purchase.
Working Schedule of Events
PRE-50th ANNIVERSARY WRITERS WORKSHOP, May 21–25
50TH ANNIVERSARY WEEKEND, May 25-27
- Wilson Barn: Bring your art to hang for the weekend in the Wilson Barn Art Gallery. We would especially love to see work inspired by your first encounter with the Ranch and the surrounding desert. There will also be an area to display books, posters & catalogs.
- RLV Gallery: An exhibit of current resident artists works.
- Chucks House: A display of architectural models & historical photos of RLV.
- Barnyard Guest Artist Studio: Hang & share your Ranch photos and memorabilia.
- Triangle L Ranch Gallery: Exhibiting works by artists who have enjoyed RLV residencies. Artists interested in showing who have stayed in the Guest House or for extended stays should contact us through our facebook page: www.facebook.com/rlvartscommunity.
A booth will be set up for recording RLV stories and interviews that will be up-loaded into StoryCorps for the Library of Congress.
You can record stories anytime by creating an account using your computer or cell phone:
- Link to archive.storycorps.org/account/communities/
- Search and join Rancho Linda Vista
- Be sure to insert Rancho Linda Vista at the beginning of your title
- Add your story or interview
- Friday, May 25
Evening (6 PM): Poetry Reading and Pot Luck. Bring a dish to share and enjoy readings from the writers workshop attendees.
- Saturday, May 26
Morning (9 AM–12 PM): Open Houses—Visit Ranch friends, houses & art collections.
Afternoon (1–4 PM): RLV Gallery & Wilson Barn receptions & Artist Open Studios.
Evening (6 PM): PARTY at the POOL. Live Music, Dancing, Food & Drink.
- Sunday, May 27
Morning (10 AM): Ranch Stakeholders Meeting to discuss RLV business and future directions. (New/old residents, shareholders & families only.)
Afternoon (2 PM): RLV Residency Artists Exhibit & 50th Wrap-Up Party at Triangle L Gallery.
For up-to-date information on celebration details, check back and join our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/rlvartscommunity
You may want to book rooms sooner than later. Here is a short list of nearby lodging options:
CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES!